2 Corinthians 5:20

We are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: We implore you on Christ's behalf,
Be Reconciled To God

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Love Letters, #3, part 3

“Now, my dear, I desire willingly and cheerfully to resign my right in you to your Father and my Father, who has the greatest interest in you. And confident I am, though men have separated us for a time yet our God will ere long bring us together again where we shall eternally enjoy one another, never to part more. O let me hear how God bears up your heart, and let me taste of those comforts that support you, that they may be as pillars of marble to bear up my sinking spirit. I can write no more. Farewell, farewell, my dear, till we meet there where we shall never bid farewell more; till which time I leave you in the bosom of a loving, tender-hearted Father, and so I rest till I shall forever rest in Heaven,

Mary Love”


- A letter (1651) from Mary Love to her husband Christopher Love the night before he was executed.

No comments:

Post a Comment