2 Corinthians 5:20

We are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: We implore you on Christ's behalf,
Be Reconciled To God

Friday, January 8, 2010

The Chronicles

New Years Eve (a Thursday night) I went downtown to preach. There wasn't as many people as I expected, perhaps from the cold. But my hat and gloves kept me warm enough. It was hard to preach. It was so cold I wasn't able to be very loud, lots of various noises crowded my voice out, people went about with their friends and no one really seemed to care about what I was saying. My spirit was heavy before I went downtown that night, and unlike usual, I found little comfort as I preached.

Being depressed and finding little strength in my own heart, I decided to end by preaching on the end of John 17, where Christ says "I have overcome the world".

I think this evening when I go out again in a bit, I will preach on the same thing, and try to find and open up more than I found last time...

No comments:

Post a Comment